Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Run and Hide

 A noise, a crack, the explosive sound of bullets, the rising of the dust as they hit the ground. 

After the bomb, the pulse jumps, reacts to the suddenness. A whoosh of adrenalin, a widening of the pupils. The arm hairs stand erect, the forehead displays immediate beads of sweat.



The knees buckle ever so slightly. Should I be ready to flee, to run, to hide? Where can I even go that will be better than here, or safer than my current position.

All of the options uncertain with no way to know the best choice.

Do I hide?

          Run?

                    Flee?

The perceived need for action, to do something is great but the results of what can actually be done are minimal.

Who will help me? Who will help us?


(c) 2021 Brian D. Kelley

(Written as I was thinking of the current tragedy in Myanmar)

No comments: