Saturday, July 29, 2017

Hello God

Hello God

_____________________________________________________


VERSE ONE
Hello God  Are You there? Really listening?
Have you gone away?  Is there something that you’re missing
Do you hear my cry? Do you feel my pain?
Please tell me why. Am I praying in vain?


VERSE TWO
I’m feeling lost, empty in desperation
Can’t handle the cost, can’t deal with my situation
Carry the weight, carry the burden
Don’t make me wait - oh God I’m hurting!


BRIDGE
Take it Away. Take it Away. Take it Away
Please take it away. Take it away,  take me away


VERSE THREE
I know your pain I too have been abandoned
Beaten and shamed, left all alone and stranded
Nailed to a tree, naked and lonely
My God, My God! Why have you forsaken Me?!


VERSE FOUR
Treated like dirt, all who I love departed
I know you’re hurt, I have been brokenhearted
I know your pain, I hear your cry
To redeem you I came,to redeem you I died


OUTRO

Hi, this is God  Yes - I am really listening

© 2017 Brian David Kelley

No comments: